ECA Assessment

Who needs an ECA?

You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if:

  • you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry, and
    • you are a principal applicant, and
    • you got your education outside Canada, or
  • you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) points for your foreign education
    • for yourself as an Express Entry candidate, or
    • for your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.

To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.

IRCC will only accept an ECA from one of the organizations designated:

  • CES;
  • ICAS;
  • WES;
  • IQAS;
  • ICES;
  • MCC (doctors);
  • PEBC(pharmacists).


Fee: $350.00 or CNY ¥1,750.00 (incl. Processing/service/mailing)