Renew PR Card
A PR card is usually issued for a period of five years, but may only be issued for one year under certain circumstances. It is valid until the date of expiry listed on the card.
To be eligible for a PR Card, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Canada;
- be physically present in Canada;
- meet the residency requirement (see Appendix A– Residency obligation);
- not be under an effective removal order;
- not be a Canadian citizen; and
- not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a PR Card
If you currently live outside Canada with expired PR card and do not meet the residency obligation, you want to voluntary renounce your permanent resident status in order to enter Canada as temporary resident, we can submit the request on your behalf.
Fees： $220.00 or CNY￥1,150.00 – Renew PR card
$60.00 or CNY￥300.00 – Renounce PR status
* the above fees include processing/service/mailing.
* If you do not fulfill the residency obligation and would like to renew your PR card, please contact us.