1. How to choose a representative?
You can check if a person is licensed to represent immigrants or to give advice.

  • citizenship or immigration consultants must be a member of  the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.
  • Lawyers or notaries must be a member of a Canadian provincial or territoriallaw society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
  • Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada

If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.

Tips for choosing a representative

  • Ask people you trust to recommend someone.
  • Ask about their training and experience.
  • Discuss the services they will provide and the fee.
  • Be careful of anything that sounds too good to be true.

2. What is ICCRC?
ICCRC(Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council)ICCRC is the national regulatory body designated by the government of Canada, to regulate Canadian immigration, citizenship and international student advising services. Permitted service providers of these regulated professions are known as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) and Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs).

3. How to find out if my representative is authorized?
You can check if a person is licensed to represent immigrants or to give advice.You may check with their license number of their names.





Notaires du Quebec


4. My representative did not complete IMM5476. Will it have an impact on my application?
CIC is making its effort to crack down unauthorized presentation. It requires all paid representative to complete and sign the IMM5476 form. An unauthorized representative will not complete the IMM5476 form or present themselves as unpaid representative. If you appoint a compensated representative who is not a member in good standing of one of these designated bodies, your application will be returned.
5. Can I pay when I received my visa?
No. Payment has to be received as per agreement.

6. Do I have to hire a representative to submit my application?
You are not obliged to hire a representative. All types of applications can be prepared on your own. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally. However you can save valuable time, avoid errors and delays. Many factors have to be considered before you make a decision to hire a representative.

7. What kind of services can a licensed consultant provide? Do you just complete forms? Do you guarantee the success?
A representative is authorized by you to communicate with CIC on your behalf. A competent consultant must have a thorough understanding of your situation and background, answer questions relating to immigration laws and regulations. Your representative shall present your application in a clear and concise manner; follow up throughout the process until the immigration document is received. Some services may include providing pre-landing guidiance and after-landing assistance.

Though we do not make unrealistic promise or any promise against ICCRC codes of ethics, Icestar is committed to a high quality professional service. Licensed professionals are paid for the service rendered and guarantee the quality of their work not the result. All decisions are made by visa officers.

8. Are there any other costs in additional to your service fee?
Costs vary depending on which category you are applying for. Here are some examples: visa processing fee, provincial processing fee, medical exam fee, landing fee, notary or translation fee, police certificate fee, postage or travel expenses, etc.

9. Will Icestar provide any assistance after landing?
Yes, certainly. We will provide relevant information to our clients such as employment situation, apartment rental or purchase, how to apply for medical card, SIN or even admission to schools, etc. We make every effort to make sure that our clients will have a smooth new begin that leads to a successful future.

10. How many different types of visa are there?
Generally, it can be divided into two main streams: Temporary and Permanent. Temporary visa includes tourism, business, visit, study, work etc; Permanent resident visa can be obtained through different categories such skilled worker, business, Canadian experienced class, sponsorship, provincial nominee, etc.

11. How does the super visa differ from a visitor visa?
Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on initial entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

12. How long I have to wait to re-apply if my visa application is refused?
If your application to come to Canada is refused, you can send a new application at any time, unless your decision letter says otherwise. However, you should do so only if you can include new or additional information that you did not send with your previous application.

13. Where should I send my passport if I applied online?
Applicants in China can send the request letter with the original passport and the required fee to the visa processing centers in China.

14. What are the address of the visa processing center in China

Office Address:
Canada Visa Application Centre
12F, Tower A, Central Point Plaza,
No. 11, Dongzhimen South Ave,
Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100007

Helpline: 010-57636878



Office Address:
Canada Visa Application Centre
2/F, Jiushi Commercial Building, No. 213,
Middle Sichuan Road,
Huangpu District, Shanghai 200002

Helpline: 021 51859715


Canada Visa Application Centre
Room No. 351, 3rd Floor,
Cheng Jian Mansion,
189 Ti Yu Road West,
Tianhe District,
Guangzhou, 510620

Helpline: 020-38898475


Office Address:
Canada Visa Application Centre
33-D, HNA-Poly International Centre, 235 Minsheng Road
Yuzhong District
Chongqing 400010

Helpline: 023-63721388

Days of Operation:
Open from Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays)

CVAC Opening time: 08:00-16:00
Application Submission: 08:00-15:00
Passport collection : 08:00-16:00

15. I am an international student in Canada, can I apply for super visa for my parents?
No. Parents and Grandparents supervisa is only for the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

16. Can I get married in Canada if I am an international student or visitor in China?
Yes. Please bring all required documents for the registration.
17. My visa has expired and I am currently studying in Canada, what should I do?
If you hold a valid study permit, you don’t have to apply for a new temporary resident visa unless you have plans to travel outside Canada.

18. My relative is studying in Canada, can I apply for a visa to visit him?
Yes. As long as your relative has legal status in Canada.

19. I want to study in Quebec, do I need to apply for an acceptance by Quebec in addition to study permit?
To study in Quebec, you first need to have a letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution which you plan to attend in Quebec. In addition, you must have received or applied for a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) or certificate of acceptance which is issued by the province of Quebec. At that time, you can apply for a study permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

20. I have some additional questions, can I contact you for details?
Absolutely. You may contact us by one of the following methods:

– complete the online message form

– email us at contact@icestarimmigration.com

– WeChat: hongxiawen0902

– QQ: 1624838103