A Canadian work permit is a temporary resident document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to grant permission to foreign workers seeking to engage in employment in Canada.

Some conditions will be written directly on your work permit. These may include: the type of work you can do; the employer you can work for; where you can work, or how long you can work.

Employers of some types of temporary workers need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before the worker applies for a work permit. An LMIA is a document from Employment and Social Development Canada that gives the employer permission to hire a temporary worker.

Some applicants may be eligible for an open work permit, which does not require a LMIA.


For details, please contact: or scan QC code.


Live-in Caregiver:

To apply, you must have:


  • A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • A written contract with your future employer
  • Successful completion of the euqivalent of a Canadian secondary school education
  • At least six months’training, or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation in the past three years.
  • Good knowledge of English or French